Tuesday, August 11, 2009

McCafe

I'm now addicted to lattes from McDonalds. Can't believe it! I was a Starbucks girl for so long. I remember driving to Seattle just to have a latte (and chicken salad sandwich on a great crusty wheat bread) at Starbuck's Pike Place Market store. I was thrilled when the company became a powerhouse with a store on every corner.

Then something happened. The coffee began to taste so bitter that I began asking for less and less coffee in my latte until there were only steamed milk. I went cold turkey and stopped drinking lattes altogether. Managed to save $4 per day. Cha ching!

Last week, I read an article about a taste test for lattes and drip coffee from Starbucks, McDonalds and Dunkin Donuts. Starbucks was last, McDonalds next, and Dunkin Donuts had the top rated latte.

I like drivethru, so that eliminated Dunkin Donuts. Tried the latte at McDonalds and liked it. Plus it is cheap! $2.17 (includes tax) and no tip. (Though I took great pride in tipping my Starbuck Baristas because they were all so friendly!!!)

I still go to Starbucks more a social function--meeting friends for coffee. Love the atmosphere, love my Baristas, and love the iced green tea!!!

Bottom line--I'm still a Starbucks girl, but I also love my McCafe...Try it!

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment